Air-Sol Moyenne Portéeair-sol moyenne portée (mmp), air-sol moyenne portée
The Air-Sol Moyenne Portée ASMP; medium-range air to surface missile is a French nuclear air-launched cruise missile In French nuclear doctrine it is called a "pre-strategic" weapon, the last-resort "warning shot" prior to a full-scale employment of strategic nuclear weapons The missile's construction was contracted to Aérospatiale's Tactical Missile Division, now part of MBDA The missile cost $600 million to develop1
ASMP entered service in May 1986, replacing the earlier free-fall AN-22 bomb on France's Dassault Mirage IV aircraft and the AN-52 bomb on Dassault Super Étendard About 84 weapons are stockpiled Carrier aircraft are the Dassault Mirage 2000N, Rafale and Super Étendard The Mirage IVP carried the ASMP until retired in 1996
ASMPA is 538 m long and weighs 860 kg It is a supersonic standoff missile powered by a liquid fuel ramjetcitation needed It flies at Mach 2 to Mach 3, with a range between 80 km and 300 km ASMP/ 500 km ASMPA depending on flight profile Warhead was a single 300 kiloton TN 81 for ASMP, and a single 300 kiloton Airborne Nuclear Warhead TNA for ASMPA
In 1991, 90 missiles and 80 warheads were reported to have been produced By 2001, 60 were operational4
- 1 ASMP-A
- 2 ASN4G
- 3 Operators
- 4 References
- 5 External links
An advanced version known as Air-Sol Moyenne Portée-Amélioré ASMP-A improved ASMP has a range of about 500 kilometres 310 mi5 at a speed of up to Mach 3 with the new TNA tête nucléaire aéroportée 300kt thermonuclear warhead3 It entered service in October 2009 with the Mirage 2000NK3 of squadron EC 3/4 at Istres and on July 2010 with the Rafales of squadron EC 1/91 at Saint Dizier6
Back of ASMP-A mock-up
The studies for the successor to the ASMP-A, dubbed ASN4G, have already begun ASN4G refers to air-sol nucléaire fourth-generation7 The aim is to design a missile capable of either high supersonic Mach 4-5 or hypersonic speeds Mach 7-889
- French Air Force
- French Navy
- ^ a b Dickson, David 12 February 1988 "Anglo-French nuclear missile under study" Science Retrieved 22 August 2015 – via HighBeam Research Subscription required help
- ^ http://missilethreatcom/missiles/asmp-a/
- ^ a b "French Air Force evaluates ASMPA enhanced stand-off missile" 1 July 2001 Retrieved 24 January 2016
- ^ Norris, Robert S; Arkin, William M; Kristensen, Hans M; Handler, Joshua 1 July 2001 "French Nuclear Forces, 2001" Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Retrieved 23 June 2015 – via HighBeam Research Subscription required help
- ^ http://wwwdeagelcom/Land-Attack-Cruise-Missiles/ASMP-A_a001115002aspx
- ^ Robert Hewson, "French ASMP-A missile enters service" Jane's Defence Weekly July 14, 2010, p 14
- ^ http://wwwdefensenewscom/story/defense/air-space/air-force/2015/10/17/onera-explores-mach-8-missile-engine-technology/73928488/
- ^ http://wwwopex360com/2014/11/21/lasn4g-sera-le-futur-missile-des-forces-aeriennes-strategiques/
- ^ https://wwwfrstrategieorg/publications/notes/web/documents/2015/201510pdf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ASMP|
- ASMP on FASorg
- L’ASMP-A, nouvelle arme de la dissuasion, Ministère de la Defense
|By target type||
|See also: Sounding rocket|
air-sol moyenne portée, air-sol moyenne portée (mmp)
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée Information about
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.