Adolf Fierla 16 January 1908 – 8 September 1967 was a Polish writer and poet from the region of Cieszyn Silesia
He was born 16 January 1908 in Orlová to a coal miner's family and graduated from the local Juliusz Słowacki Polish Gymnasium Fierla later studied Polish studies at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków and Slavic studies in Prague He later worked as a teacher of Polish language in Polish elementary schools in Zaolzie and eventually in Polish Gymnasium in Orlová
When World War II broke up Fierla fled like many other Poles to the east After his return German Nazi authorities jailed him in 1940 and incarcerated in Dachau and later in Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camps Released from the camp worked as a worker in Pietwałd and in 1944 was forced to join the German Army and was captured in France by the British forces Fierla then stayed in the Western Europe, initially in Italy, where he taught in lyceum for Polish girls in Porto San Giorgio; in France, where he taught in one of Polish gymnasiums, and then from 1958 in the United Kingdom He continued his literary life there cooperating with Polish press and several other organizations of which he was a member, eg Zrzeszenie Ewangelików Polaków w Wielkiej Brytanii Association of Polish Protestants in the United Kingdom Fierla died 8 September 1967 in London and is buried in the Finchley district of London
Fierla wrote his works in literary Polish and also in Cieszyn Silesian dialect He focused mainly on the life of the Cieszyn Silesia people, especially those of the Beskids mountain ranges and coal basin around the city of Karviná His works includes many religious motives Fierla also translated to Polish works of Czech poet Jiří Wolker
Fierla's typical motive of his native coal mining region can be observed in the Kopalnie Coal Mines poem from his debut poetry collection Przydrożne kwiaty Roadside Flowers:mw-parser-output templatequotemw-parser-output templatequote templatequotecite Today I have toured the divine world Humbled and begging; And bitter tears came to my eyes Flowing ceaselessly, As the quiet fields of all villages Have been changed into coal mines I have toured a quiet patch today Where flowers once used to grow, And where a ram and a sheep grazed Along a footpath near the hut, And where today, instead of straight grasses A day of bloody repayment roars I stood today at the threshold of a shaft In the worry of a steamy moment, When the miners black from coal Went down into the drift And my soul was touched by dry pain: As they took out a man broken to pieces— Adolf Fierla, 
- Przydrożne kwiaty 1928 — poetry collection
- Ondraszek 1930/1931 — novel
- Cienie i blaski 1931 — poetry collection
- Hałdy i inne opowiadania górnicze 1931 — short stories collection
- Dziwy na groniach 1932 — poetry collection
- Kopalnia słoneczna 1933 — poetry collection
- Kolędy beskidzkie 1935
- Kamień w polu 1938 — short stories collection
- Poezje religijne 1971
- ^ Sikora 1993, 18
- ^ Sikora 2008, 3
- ^ Hierowski 1947, 192
- ^ Hierowski 1947, 69
- ^ Fierla 1928, 56
- Dokoupil, Lumír 1998 Biografický slovník Slezska a severní Moravy Ostrava: Ostravská univerzita ISBN 80-7042-502-4mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- Fierla, Adolf 1928 Przydrożne kwiaty Frysztat: Ludowa Drukarnia
- Hierowski, Zdzisław 1947 25 lat literatury na Śląsku 1920–1945 Katowice — Wrocław: Wydawnictwa Instytutu Śląskiego OCLC 69489660
- Sikora, Władysław 2008-04-29 "O Adolfie Fierli" Głos Ludu p 3
- Sikora, Władysław 1993 Pisarze Zaolzia Czeski Cieszyn: Wydawnictwo Olza przy Radzie Polaków OCLC 233485106
Adolf Fierla Information about
Adolf Fierla viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.