Aaron Halfakeraaron halfaker and associates, aaron halfaker & associates
Aaron Halfaker /ˈhæfeɪkər/ is an American computer scientist who is an employee of the Wikimedia Foundation
Education and career
Halfaker earned a PhD in computer science from the GroupLens research lab at the University of Minnesota in 2013 He is known for his research on Wikipedia and the decrease in the number of active editors of the site He has said that Wikipedia began a "decline phase" around 2007 and has continued to decline since then Halfaker has also studied automated accounts on Wikipedia, known as "bots", and the way they affect new contributors to the site While a graduate student, he, along with Stuart Geiger, developed a tool for Wikipedia editing called "Snuggle", the goal of which is to eliminate vandalism and spam, and to also highlight constructive contributions by new editors He has also built an artificial intelligence engine known as "Objective Revision Evaluation Service" or ORES for short, used to identify vandalism on Wikipedia and distinguish it from good faith edits
- ^ a b "Wicked Smart: 5 questions with U of M PhD and Wikipedian Aaron Halfaker" TechMN 11 December 2013 Retrieved 5 January 2015
- ^ a b Hicks, Jesse 18 February 2014 "This machine kills trolls" The Verge Retrieved 11 December 2014
- ^ Nosowitz, Dan January 28, 2013 "Wikipedia is getting Worse as it gets Better" Popular Science Retrieved 5 January 2015
- ^ Halfaker, A; Geiger, R S; Morgan, J T; Riedl, J 28 December 2012 "The Rise and Decline of an Open Collaboration System: How Wikipedia's Reaction to Popularity Is Causing Its Decline" American Behavioral Scientist 57 5: 664–688 doi:101177/0002764212469365
- ^ LeJacq, Yannick 2 February 2013 "Wikipedia Reaches 3 Billion Monthly Mobile Views Amid Concerns About Contributor Content" International Business Times Retrieved 11 December 2014
- ^ Jacobs, Harrison 22 November 2013 "Wikipedia Could Degenerate If It Can't Fix One Big Problem" Business Insider Retrieved 11 December 2014
- ^ Simonite, Tom 22 October 2013 "The Decline of Wikipedia" MIT Technology Review Retrieved 13 March 2015
- ^ Kloc, Joe 25 February 2014 "Wikipedia Is Edited by Bots That's a Good Thing" Newsweek Retrieved 11 December 2014
- ^ Baker, Katie 31 October 2013 "Wikipedia's Wobbling Citation Needed" Newsweek Retrieved 26 December 2014
- ^ Matias, J Natian 8 June 2015 "The Tragedy of the Digital Commons" The Atlantic Retrieved 22 February 2016
- ^ Metz, Cade 1 December 2015 "Wikipedia Deploys AI to Expand Its Ranks of Human Editors" Wired Retrieved 12 January 2016
- ^ Simonite, Tom 1 December 2015 "Artificial Intelligence Aims to Make Wikipedia Friendlier and Better" MIT Technology Review Retrieved 22 February 2016
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
aaron halfaker & associates, aaron halfaker and associates, aaron halfaker glassdoor, aaron halfaker jobs
Aaron Halfaker Information about
Aaron Halfaker viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.