A Softer Worlda softer world, a softer world comic
A Softer World was a thrice weekly webcomic by Canadian writer Joey Comeau and artist Emily Horne It was first published online on 7 February 2003 Early comics had been published, intermittently, in zine form With the launch of the website, the comic has gained wider recognition, most notably when Warren Ellis linked to the comic on his blog, and then began to feature it as a "Favored Puny Human" The comic won the first Web Cartoonists' Choice Award for photographic webcomic in 2007 It often appears in The Guardian and was profiled in the September 2007 issue of the Australian Rolling Stone
- 1 Collected editions
- 2 Format
- 3 Other features of the site
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
- Truth and Beauty Bombs book 1 Loose Teeth, 2006
- Second Best Isn't So Bad book 2 Topatoco, 2009
- Everybody Gets Got book 3 Topatoco, 2012
- Let's Do Something Wrong book 4 Topatoco, 2014
- Anatomy of Melancholy Best-of collection Breadpig, 2016
With occasional exceptions of a few double-length strips, each comic is three panels long The three panels are made up of photographic art, either a series of three photographs, or one photograph that is spread over multiple frames, or repeated with different crops and zooms The photographs are taken by Horne, then sent to Comeau for text
The tone of the comic tends to be slightly absurdist and dark, with the punchlines often being simultaneously humorous and disturbing, occasionally with overt sexual content For instance, the text of the strip from which the comic takes its name reads, "In the caves behind my house, I found a softer world / They understand what I had to do for love / They don't believe in restraining orders" Recurring themes include sexuality, accidents or disasters, and zombies
Hovering one's cursor over the comic will prompt the image title to appear, which acts as text for a fourth panel or commentary related to the strip overall In May 2010, a feature was added to display this text when clicking or tapping on the comic image, for users on mobile phones and touchscreen devices, which lack a "hovering" function
Other features of the site
"i blame the sea" is Emily Horne's photo journal, added to the site in 2008 and updated weekly
The site also includes "Overqualified", an occasional series of satirical cover letters for job applications These cover letters are generally written so as to reveal a degree of insanity in the imagined author For example, one is a letter from someone applying to be a mall Santa Claus, in which he explains that, as a foreman at Mattel, he fired all the middle aged men and hired midgets who he forced to wear green costumes, and that, after being fired, he broke into houses to steal milk and cookies Overqualified was published in book form in 2009
"i am other people" is a series of interviews that Joey conducts with people
In an attempt to raise money for his tuition, Joey wrote a novella, Lockpick Pornography, and released it in a micropatronage form on his website He posted the first chapter for free with a PayPal donation link, telling his readers that he'd release each additional chapter after he'd raised a couple hundred more dollars through donations Response was so enthusiastic that he posted all seven chapters within a week Loose Teeth press has since published the novella with an additional three chapters The full book is now available as a free download from the Lockpick Pornography website
- ^ "1" A Softer World Archived from the original on 6 January 2010 Retrieved 2010-01-09
- ^ https://twittercom/joeycomeau/status/605353172878684161 "This is the final A Softer World We hope you liked them We liked you!"
- ^ "Outstanding Photographic Comic" Ryanestradacom Retrieved 2010-01-09
- ^ "3" A Softer World Archived from the original on 26 January 2010 Retrieved 2010-01-09
- ^ "i blame the sea" wwwasofterworldcom Retrieved 2016-08-24
- ^ "Overqualified: Wednesday, August 24th 2016" wwwasofterworldcom Retrieved 2016-08-24
- ^ "I am other people: Wednesday, August 24th 2016" wwwasofterworldcom Retrieved 2016-08-24
- asofterworldcom – official homepage
- Lockpick Pornography
- Maximum Fun article by Aaron Matthews
- "Comic Mix" interview by Rick Marshall
- Comic Book Resources article by Alex Dueben
- "Best Webcomics of 2005" list
- Late Night Jengajam Interview conducted by John "Jengaship" Edathil, 27 September 2007 on Talkshoe; 1 hour
- Infinite Comic – a softer world generator
- A softer world in TV Tropes
a softer world, a softer world archive, a softer world avengers, a softer world comic, a softer world font, a softer world meaning, a softer world remixes, a softer world template, a softer world they should be afraid, a softer world tumblr
A Softer World Information about
A Softer World
A Softer World
A Softer World viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.