3β-Dihydroprogesterone 3β-DHP, also known as 3β-hydroxyprogesterone, or pregn-4-en-3β-ol-20-one 4-pregnenolone, δ4-pregnenolone, is an endogenous steroid It is biosynthesized by 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase from progesterone Unlike 3α-dihydroprogesterone 3α-DHP, 3β-DHP does not act as a positive allosteric modulator of the GABAA receptor, which is in accordance with the fact that other 3β-hydroxylated progesterone metabolites such as isopregnanolone and epipregnanolone similarly do not act as potentiators of this receptor and instead inhibit it as well as reverse the effects of potentiators like allopregnanolone 3β-DHP has been reported to possess about the same potency as progesterone in the Clauberg test, a bioassay of progestogenic activity, whereas 3α-DHP was not assessed
- Progesterone 3-acetyl enol ether
- ^ a b Kavaliers, Martin; Wiebe, John P; Galea, Liisa AM 1994 "Reduction of predator odor-induced anxiety in mice by the neurosteroid 3α-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one 3αHP" Brain Research 645 1-2: 325–329 doi:101016/0006-89939491667-5 ISSN 0006-8993
- ^ Prince, RJ; Simmonds, MA 1993 "Differential antagonism by epipregnanolone of alphaxalone and pregnanolone potentiation of flunitrazepam binding suggests more than one class of binding site for steroids at GABAA receptors" Neuropharmacology 32 1: 59–63 doi:101016/0028-39089390130-U ISSN 0028-3908
- ^ Junkermann H, Runnebaum B, Lisboa BP July 1977 "New progesterone metabolites in human myometrium" Steroids 30 1: 1–14 doi:101016/0039-128X7790131-3 PMID 919010 In the Clauberg bioassay the 3β-hydroxy-4-pregnen-20-one shows about the same potency as progesterone 34 In regard to the biological activity of the 3α epimer no data are available
- ^ Pincus G, Miyake T, Merrill AP, Longo P November 1957 "The bioassay of progesterone" Endocrinology 61 5: 528–33 doi:101210/endo-61-5-528 PMID 13480263
|See also Receptor/signaling modulators Progestogens and antiprogestogens Androgen receptor modulators Estrogen receptor modulators List of progestogens|
|This article about a steroid is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
3β-Dihydroprogesterone Information about
3β-Dihydroprogesterone viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.