201 Portage2015 portage soccer classic tournament, 201 portage winnipeg
201 Portage former names: TD Centre, Canwest Place, and CanWest Global Place is an office tower at the intersection of Portage and Main in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada It is the tallest building in Winnipeg and in the province of Manitoba
- 1 History
- 2 Description
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
The 33-storey building was constructed between 1988 and 1990 by the Toronto Dominion Bank for $38,000,000 The construction of 201 Portage required the demolition of the Childs Building also known as the McArthur Building at 211 Portage When the Childs Building was constructed in 1909, it was the tallest building in Winnipeg The Childs Building had been 12 storeys above ground, and 4862 metres 1595 ft tall A smaller twin building was planned but never built
Originally built by the Toronto Dominion Bank, the skyscraper was acquired by Canwest to serve as the company's main corporate headquarters Global Winnipeg CKND-DT moved its operations to 201 Portage on September 1, 2008 Having declared bankruptcy and sold its media properties, Canwest has vacated the premises; its main successor Shaw Media will retain only the lease for the 30th floor, where the Global Winnipeg studios are located On 11 January 2011, the Canwest sign and logo were removed The penthouse stayed vacant after Canwest's departure in November 2010, until late 2012 when RBC-Dominion Securities relocated to it from the Richardson Building
Currently, the building is branded as "201 Portage" The building was managed by Creswin Properties, a real-estate company privately owned by the Asper family that owned Canwest, until early 2014 The building was acquired under new ownership in May 2014 and is owned by Portage & Main Development Ltd, a private corporation whose shareholders include 201 Portage Equities Inc and Harvard Developments Inc
The 33-storey, 47,000-square-metre 510,000 sq ft building stands 128 metres 420 ft tall, making it the tallest building in Winnipeg It is 39 metres 13 ft taller than the next tallest building in Winnipeg, the Richardson Building, which is located across the street It is the tallest building between Toronto and Calgary, and has been since its construction 201 Portage is connected to Winnipeg Square and the Winnipeg Walkway system via an underground concourse The building is certified as BOMA BEST level 3
- List of tallest buildings in Winnipeg
- ^ "CanWest Place" Skyscraper Center CTBUH Retrieved 2017-08-28mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output qmw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ "201 Portage" Emporis Retrieved 8 February 2013
- ^ "Building Profile" Creswin Properties Inc Retrieved 7 February 2013
- ^ "Childs Building" Emporis Retrieved 8 February 2013
- ^ Kirbyson, Geoff 1 November 2011 "Canwest fades from city skyline" Winnipeg Free Press Retrieved 7 February 2013
- ^ Kirbyson, Geoff 23 May 2012 "RBC-Dominion Securities moving on up" Winnipeg Free Press Retrieved 7 February 2013
- ^ Martin Cash 2010-11-04 "Canwest name swept aside" Winnipeg Free Press Retrieved 2010-11-04
- ^ Tessa Vanderhart 28 April 2014 "Regina-based developer buys 201 Portage Avenue" Winnipegsuncom Retrieved 13 October 2017
- ^ "Building Details" Creswin Properties Inc Retrieved 7 February 2013
- ^ a b "201 Portage" PDF Creswin Retrieved 7 February 2013
- ^ "BOMA BESt Buildings" BOMA Manitoba Retrieved 7 February 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 201 Portage Ave|
- CanWest Global Place at Emporis
201 portage winnipeg, 2015 portage county junior fair board, 2015 portage easter egg hunt, 2015 portage lakes polar bear jump, 2015 portage soccer classic tournament
201 Portage Information about
201 Portage viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.