150th Ohio Infantry150th ohio infantry civil war, 150th ohio volunteer infantry
The 150th Ohio Volunteer Infantry or 150th OVI was an infantry regiment in the Union Army during the American Civil War
- 1 Service
- 2 Ohio National Guard
- 3 Casualties
- 4 Commanders
- 5 Notable members
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The 150th Ohio Infantry was organized at Camp Taylor near Cleveland, Ohio, and mustered in May 5, 1864, for 100 days service under the command of Colonel William H Hayward
The regiment left Ohio for Washington, DC, May 7, and was assigned to garrison duty at Fort Lincoln, Fort Saratoga, Fort Thayer, Fort Bunker Hill, Fort Slocum, Fort Totten, and Fort Stevens, Defenses of Washington, until August It was attached to 1st Brigade, Haskins' Division, XXII Corps, to July 2nd Brigade, Haskins' Division, XXII Corps, to August Engaged in the repulse of Early's attack on Washington, DC, July 11–12
The 150th Ohio Infantry mustered out of service August 23, 1864
Ohio National Guardedit
Over 35,000 Ohio National Guardsmen were federalized and organized into regiments for 100 days service in May 1864 Shipped to the Eastern Theater, they were designed to be placed in "safe" rear areas to protect railroads and supply points, thereby freeing regular troops for Lt Gen Ulysses S Grant’s push on the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia As events transpired, many units found themselves in combat, stationed in the path of Confederate Gen Jubal Early’s veteran Army of the Valley during its famed Valley Campaigns of 1864 Ohio Guard units met the battle-tested foe head on and helped blunt the Confederate offensive thereby saving Washington, DC from capture Ohio National Guard units participated in the battles of Monacacy, Fort Stevens, Harpers Ferry, and in the siege of Petersburg
The regiment lost 12 enlisted men during service; 2 men killed and 10 men due to disease
- Colonel William H Hayward
- Private Robert Maynard Murray, Company D - US Representative from Ohio, 1883-1885
- List of Ohio Civil War units
- Ohio in the Civil War
- Battleground National Cemetery, Washington, DC 1
- Cannon, James Calkins Record of Service of Company K, 150th OVI, 1864 Sl: sn, 1903 ISBN 9781116518726
- Dyer, Frederick H A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion Des Moines, IA: Dyer Pub Co, 1908
- Gleason, William John Historical Sketch of the 150th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry: Delivered at the 5th Annual Reunion, Scenic Park, Rocky River, July 12th, 1899 Sl: sn, 1899
- Ohio Roster Commission Official Roster of the Soldiers of the State of Ohio in the War on the Rebellion, 1861–1865, Compiled Under the Direction of the Roster Commission Akron, OH: Werner Co, 1886-1895
- Reid, Whitelaw Ohio in the War: Her Statesmen, Her Generals, and Soldiers Cincinnati, OH: Moore, Wilstach, & Baldwin, 1868 ISBN 9781154801965
- This article contains text from a text now in the public domain: Dyer, Frederick H 1908 A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion Des Moines, IA: Dyer Publishing Co
- Ohio in the Civil War: 150th Ohio Volunteer Infantry by Larry Stevens
150th ohio infantry, 150th ohio infantry civil war, 150th ohio volunteer infantry
150th Ohio Infantry Information about
150th Ohio Infantry
150th Ohio Infantry
150th Ohio Infantry viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.