Farm Radio Internationalfarm radio international, farm radio international jobs
Farm Radio International, or Radios Rurales Internationales official French name, is a Canadian non-profit organization based in Ottawa, Ontario The organization works with radio broadcasters to improve food security and agricultural methods for smallholder farmers in African countries
- 1 History
- 2 Work
- 3 References
- 4 External links
The organization was founded in 1979 by George Atkins, journalist at CBC Radio, under the name Developing Countries Farm Radio Network DCFRN During a trip to Zambia in 1975, Mr Atkins found that there was a lack of information about simple farming techniques for African smallholder farmers Four years later a first script package was sent out to broadcasters and DCFRN was created
In 2008 the organization changed its name to Farm Radio International
Farm Radio International, led in its daily work by executive director Kevin Perkins, is based in Ottawa, Ontario, but does also have staff in several African countries Through its partner organization WUSC, Farm Radio International received a 4 million USD grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2007 "to enhance the impact of radio broadcasting on food security in Africa" The Canadian International Development Agency CIDA is an important donor for Farm Radio International's other work Farm Radio International has also developed Barza, a social network for African broadcasters
- ^ Spence, Julienne; Sarah Andrewes June 1, 2002 "Spanning the globe: farm radio network connects millions in developing countries Farm Broadcast Update" Agri Marketing Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ Gutnick, David January 2, 2009 "Farm Radio: Better journalists make for better farmers" CBC Radio Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ "Thirty years of helping African farmers by radio" Manitoba Cooperator May 1, 2009 Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ Smith, Michael 1998-04-17 "Promoting Urban Farming over the Airwaves" IDRC Reports Archived from the original on 2011-06-09 Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ Farm Radio Network - History of the Network
- ^ World University Service of Canada - Our Partners
- ^ "Grant OPP45291 - World University Service of Canada" Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation April 2007 Archived from the original on 2011-09-17 Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ Heartfield, Kate October 23, 2007 "Farm radio" The Ottawa Citizen Retrieved 2009-06-02
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 2012-07-26 Retrieved 2012-09-30
- Farm Radio International
- Farm Radio International: "What we do"
farm radio international, farm radio international arusha, farm radio international in ethiopia, farm radio international jobs, farm radio international malawi, farm radio international tanzania, farm radio international uganda
Farm Radio International Information about
Farm Radio International
Farm Radio International
Farm Radio International viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.