Richard Carlylerichard carlyle, richard carlyle actor
Richard Carlyle March 20, 1914 – November 15, 2009 was a film, television and Broadway actor The reference book Encyclopedia of Early Television Crime Fighters: All Regular Cast Nembers in American Crime and Mystery Series gives Carlyle's birth date as March 20, 1920
- 1 Early years
- 2 Career
- 3 Partial filmography
- 4 Death
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Carlyle was born in St Catherines, Ontario, Canada His education included attendance at Sherwood Dramatic Art School and the Art Institute of Chicago
Carlyle's early work on stage came with the troupe at the Barter Theatre and in stock theater in Springfield, Illinois
In 1951, Carlyle starred as Jack Casey in the television version of Casey, Crime Photographer on CBS
He had a prolific career beginning in the 1950s appearing in a variety of theater productions and as a character actor on numerous television series He played Rezin Bowie in The Iron Mistress 1952 and Commander Don Adams in the Oscar-nominated war drama Torpedo Run 1959 starring Glenn Ford He also had a long tenure with Theatre West in Los Angeles
In the original Star Trek series he played Lt Karl Jaeger in "The Squire of Gothos" 1967
- Target Unknown 1951 - Brooklyn
- The Iron Mistress 1952 - Rezin Bowie
- Torpedo Run 1958 - Cmdr Don Adams
- The Gallant Hours 1960 - Father Frederic Gehring
- Sail to Glory 1967 - George Schugler
- Going Under 1990 - General Air Quality
On November 15, 2009, Carlyle died in Los Angeles
- ^ Richard Carlyle at Internet Broadway Database IBDbcom note IBDb has blended credits of the two Richard Carlyles All credits before 1949 are to the Richard Carlyle born in 1879
- ^ a b c Aaker, Everett 2011 Encyclopedia of Early Television Crime Fighters: All Regular Cast Nembers in American Crime and Mystery Series, 1948-1959 Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co p 121 ISBN 978-0-7864-6409-8
- ^ Terrace, Vincent 2011 Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 2nd ed Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company, Inc, Publishers p 219 ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7
- ^ a b Lentz, Harris M III 2010 Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2009: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture McFarland p 91 ISBN 9780786456451 Retrieved 27 April 2017
- Richard Carlyle on IMDb
- Richard Carlyle at the Internet Broadway Database
- Richard Carlyle at Memory Alpha a Star Trek wiki
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1910s is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
richard carlyle, richard carlyle actor, richard carlyle ann arbor, richard carlyle birthday, richard carlyle birthplace, richard carlyle downton abbey, richard carlyle kinston nc, richard carlyle once upon a time, richard carlyle star trek, richard carlyle sweat
Richard Carlyle Information about
Richard Carlyle viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.