Ron Klimkowskiron klimkowski, john klimkowski
Ronald Bernard Klimkowski March 1, 1944 – November 13, 2009 was a baseball player born in Jersey City, New Jersey He was a right-handed Major League Baseball pitcher and junkball specialist He played for the New York Yankees 1969–1970, 1972 and the Oakland Athletics 1971 during his career
Klimkowski attended college at Morehead State University for only one year He was the first graduate of Clarke High School in Westbury, New York, to play in the major leagues
- 1 Career
- 2 Death
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Before the 1964 season, Ron Klimkowski was signed by the Boston Red Sox as an amateur free agent On August 8, 1967, he was sent by the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees to complete an earlier deal made on August 3, 1967 The Boston Red Sox traded Pete Magrini to the New York Yankees for Elston Howard Klimkowski was traded to the New York Yankees by the Boston Red Sox to complete the trade Klimkowski made his major league debut on September 15, 1969 On that day, the Detroit Tigers were playing against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium ballpark with 5,734 people attending the game Klimkowski was called to replace Tom Shopay pitching and batting 9th at the top of the seventh inning He pitched three full innings At the bottom of the ninth inning, Dave McDonald was called to pinch hit for Klimkowski batting 9th At the end of the game, the New York Yankees lost the game 2–1 On April 9, 1971, he was traded by the New York Yankees with Rob Gardner to the Oakland Athletics for Felipe Alou On May 22, 1972, he was released by the Oakland Athletics and on the same day was signed again with the New York Yankees Klimkowski played his last Major League Baseball game on September 22, 1972
He died of heart failure at Plainview Hospital in Plainview, New York on November 13, 2009 at the age of 65
- ^ http://wwwbigapplesoccercom/columns/lewisphparticle_id=21315
- ^ "The Ballplayers" Baseball Librarycom Retrieved 2008-10-30
- ^ "Players who Played for Morehead State University" Baseball-Referencecom Retrieved 2008-10-30
- ^ Endo, Emi 16 November 2009 "The Obit For Ron Klimkowski: Ron Klimkowski dies at 65" The Deadball Era Newsday Retrieved 2 May 2016
- ^ a b c "Transactions" Baseball-Referencecom Retrieved 2008-10-31
- ^ a b c d "Ron Klimkowski Trades and Transactions" Baseball-Almanaccom Retrieved 2008-10-31
- ^ a b c d "Detroit Tigers against the New York Yankees on September 15, 1969" Baseball-Referencecom Retrieved 2008-10-31
- ^ Emi Endo, Former Yankees pitcher Ron Klimkowski dies at 65 Newsday Retrieved 2009-11-20
- Ron Klimkowski at Baseball-Referencecom
- Ron Klimkowski at Baseball-Almanaccom
- Baseball Reference Minors
john klimkowski, ron klimkowski, ron klimkowski baseball, ron klimkowski cincinnati, ron klimkowski yankees
Ron Klimkowski Information about
Ron Klimkowski viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.