Doreen Reid Nakamarradoreen reid nakamarra, doreen nakamarra
Doreen Reid Nakamarra c 1955 - 20 October 2009 was an Australian Aboriginal artist and painter Reid was considered an important artist within the Western Desert cultural bloc She was a leading painter at the Papunya Tula artist cooperative in Central Australia
Reid was born in Mummine near Warburton, Western Australia in the mid-1950s In 1984, Reid and her husband George Tjampu Tjapaltjarri, who subsequently established himself as a Papunya Tula painter, settled at the new community of Kiwirrkurra, to be closer to her husband's country In 2007, Reid's work was displayed at the National Gallery of Australia's Culture Warriors exhibition The exhibit, including Reid's pieces, toured Australia state galleries before opening at the Katzen Arts Center in Washington DC in September 2009
Additionally, Reid's work was featured at the Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art in 2009 She was awarded the Telstra National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Award general painting prize in 2008 for an untitled work The work depicts designs associated with the Marrapinti rockhole site, west of the Pollock Hills in Western Australia
In September 2009, Reid travelled to New York City for the opening of a Papunya Tula art exhibition which included her work The New York exhibition was opened by Hetti Perkins, the curator of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney
On 18 October 2009, Reid was admitted to the hospital for treatment of pneumonia She was flown from Alice Springs to Adelaide, where she died in the hospital on 20 October 2009, at the age of 50
Paul Sweeney, the general manager of Papunya Tula, praised Reid as an important artist and spokesperson
- ^ a b c d e "Doreen Reid Nakamarra" The Art Gallery of Western Australia
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Wilson, Ashleigh 30 October 2009 "Celebrated Aboriginal artist dead at 50" The Australian Retrieved 2009-11-18
- ^ "art+soul" Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- ^ Sweeney, Paul "NAKAMARRA, Doreen Reid" National Indigenous Art Triennial '07:Culture Warriors The National Gallery of Australia
- ^ "25th Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Awards NATSIAA" Museums and Art Galleries of the Northern Territory Archived from the original on 30 October 2009
- Doreen Reid Nakamarra accepting the NATSIAA General Painting Award in 2008
doreen nakamarra, doreen reid nakamarra
Doreen Reid Nakamarra Information about
Doreen Reid Nakamarra
Doreen Reid Nakamarra
Doreen Reid Nakamarra viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.