I. F. Clarkei. f. clarke
Ignatius Frederick "Ian" Clarke 10 July 1918, Wallasey, Cheshire, UK – 5 November 2009, Milton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire, UK was a British scholar and professor of English, known for his work on science fiction as a bibliographer, historian and editor, and also, with his wife Margaret, as a translator of early French science fiction
Clarke served in military intelligence during WWII He received his BA in 1950 and his MA in 1953 from Liverpool University From 1953 to 1956 he was head of the English department of the Northumberland Education Committee In October 1958 he became Senior Lecture in General Studies in the Department of Industrial Administration at the Royal College of Science and Technology which became part of the University of Strathclyde From 1964 to 1981 he was a professor of English Studies at the University of Strathclyde Clarke specialized in future-war fiction and his 1966 work Voices Prophesying War is recognized as a major contribution From 1970 to 1973 he was the chief editor for the science fiction reprint program of Cornmarket Press In 1974 he received the Pilgrim Award from the Science Fiction Research Association In 1998 he received the SFRA Pioneer Award for his essay Future-War Fiction: The First Main Phase, 1871–1900 Clarke compiled some important science fiction bibliographies and was the editor for the eight-volume British Future Fiction series
Upon his death, in addition to his wife Margaret, he was survived by two sons and a daughter
- The tale of the future, from the beginning to the present day: a check-list of those satires, ideal states, imaginary wars and invasions, political warnings and forecasts, interplanetary voyages and scientific romances—all located in an imaginary future period—that have been published in the UK between 1644 and 1960 1961
- The tale of the future, from the beginning to the present day An annotated bibliography of those satires, ideal states, imaginary wars and invasions, political warnings and forecasts, interplanetary voyages and scientific romances 1972
- The tale of the future, from the beginning to the present day: an annotated bibliography of those satires, ideal states, imaginary wars and invasions, coming catastrophes and end-of-the-world stories, political warnings and forecasts, interplanetary voyages and scientific romances 1978
- Voices prophesying war, 1763-1984 1966
- Voices prophesying war : future wars, 1763-3749 1992
- edited with John Butt: Victorians and social protest: a symposium 1973
- Pattern of expectation, 1644-2001 1979
- The tale of the next Great War, 1871-1914: fictions of future warfare and of battles still-to-come 1995
- The Great War with Germany, 1890-1914: fictions and fantasies of the war-to-come 1997
- British future fiction Pickering & Chatto 2000
- The Last Man Wesleyan University Press 2003 ISBN 978-0819566089; French original Le Dernier Homme by Jean-Baptiste-François-Xavier Cousin de Grainville; translated by IF & M Clarke ; introduction & critical material by IF Clarke
- The world as it shall be 2004; French original by Émile Souvestre; translated by Margaret Clarke ; edited with an introduction by IF Clarke
- ^ "I F Clarke 1918–2009" Locus Online News 23 November 2009
- ^ Reginald, Robert; Menville, Douglas; Burgess, Mary A, eds 1979 "I F Clarke" Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature vol II p 855
- ^ "Obituary: Professor I F Clarke" PDF Prism – Staff Newsletter 47 Glasgow: University of Strathclyde January 2010
- ^ Seed, David 2012 Future Wars: The Anticipations and the Fears Liverpool: Liverpool University Press p 9 ISBN 9781846317552 Retrieved 28 November 2017
- ^ "Clarke, I F" Science Fiction Encyclopedia 22 April 2015
- ^ The tale of the future in libraries WorldCat catalog
- ^ British future fiction in libraries WorldCat catalog
- ^ "The Last Man" University Press of New England Retrieved 30 September 2011
i. f. clarke
I. F. Clarke Information about
I. F. Clarke
I. F. Clarke
I. F. Clarke viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.