John Malcolm Graydr malcolm gray instructor at capella, david malcolm gray
John Malcolm Gray, CBE 28 July 1934 - 19 November 2009 was a Scottish businessman and the former chairman and chief executive of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in Hong Kong from 1993 until his retirement in 1996 He was the third generation of his family to work for the organisation Gray was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1996
- 1 Background
- 2 Career
- 3 Further appointments
- 4 References
John Malcolm Gray was born in Hong Kong on 28 July 1934 At the beginning of the Second World War, Samuel Gray, his father, was manager of the bank in Calcutta He sent his family to Australia for safety Gray was educated in Australia and at Strathallan School in Perthshire, Scotland
Gray's family connection with the HSBC began in 1883 when his great uncle joined the Hongkong Bank serving as its agent in Hankow His father joined the bank in 1914 and his great uncle in 1920, all of whom would become bank managers
Gray joined the London branch of the bank as a trainee in 1952 before moving out to Hong Kong in 1956 Further postings with the bank led him to India, Malaysia, Brunei, France and Germany In 1979 Gray was appointed as chief accountant closely followed by several promotions in the early eighties to executive director and subsequently deputy chairman of the bank During this time he also served as chairman of James Capel, the newly acquired stockbroking arm of the organisation In 1992 he was appointed a director of the recently founded HSBC Holdings in London
- Member of the Executive Council of Hong Kong;
- Chairman of the Hong Kong Port Development Board;
- Chairman of the Hong Kong Club;
- Deputy chairman of Harvey Nichols;
- Director of the World Maritime shipping group;
- Appointed a CBE in 1996
Order of Friendship China 2016
- ^ "Inside the World's Most Profitable Bank" The New York Times 21 August 1994 Retrieved 9 November 2012
- ^ "HSBC sticks to the inside track" The Independent 24 May 1995 Retrieved 9 November 2012
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r "John Gray" The Daily Telegraph 31 December 2009 Retrieved 9 November 2012
- ^ "Banker praises ex-HSBC chief" South China Morning Post 27 November 2009 Retrieved 29 November 2012
- ^ "HSBC Holdings PLC" wwwwebb-sitecom 2012 Retrieved 9 November 2012
- ^ "Stock offer at retailer is rejected by minority" The New York Times 12 November 2002 Retrieved 9 November 2012
david malcolm gray, dr malcolm gray instructor at capella, john malcolm gray, john malcolm gray houston
John Malcolm Gray Information about
John Malcolm Gray
John Malcolm Gray
John Malcolm Gray viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.